Generic picture that may not coincide with the real product.
PISTON + TOP END GASKET
Buying 1 piston and 1 top end gasket, you'll receive a 10% discount on both parts.
Not combinable with other offers, outlet or promo codes. Motorcycle, Bikes and OEM parts are excluded from the offer.
No codes, discount applied directly when you add the products to your cart.
Prox Piston Kit
- ProX pistons are precision machined on the latest, state of the art CNC equipment. The same low-expansion, low-friction piston alloy is used as is used for all major Japanese engine manufacturers.
- ProX Piston Kits are a first class solution to replace the original piston in your Motorcycle, Scooter, Moped, ATV, Personal Watercraft, etc.
- Coated for ultimate performance.
- Most of the ProX pistons come with a coating.
- Our OEM style Tin coated pistons assist the wear in process when you just started the bike.
- We have developed a new skirt coating that not only assists the wear in process, but also helps reducing friction after the wear in.
- The black coating is made from a delicate mix of materials and will increase performance.
- ProX pistons for Nicasil/plated cylinders.
- The latest cylinders are plated by a Nicasil plating.
- Therefore we offer a wide range of ProX pistons in standard size, as well as in A, B, C, D+ oversizes.
- ProX pistons for sleeved cylinders.
- ProX Piston Kits for sleeved cylinders are available in standard size and a wide range of oversizes.
- The availability of oversizes up to 2mm significantly helps to increase the lifespan of a cylinder by offering more re-boring possibilities.
- Take advantage of the additional oversizes to extend the lifespan of plated cylinders. All ProX Piston Kits are supplied complete with Piston Rings, Wrist Pin and Circlips, ready to install!
HOW TO MEASSURE ANY DIRT BIKE´S PISTONS
The pistons of any internal combustion engine, two or four-stroke, are conical and oval, to control its expansion in its operation. To get to know your maximum measurement you have to measure at 10-12 mm. of the skirt, in the opposite part to the bolt.
When we see a mark on the head of the piston, for example, 80 mm. or we have a cylinder of 80 mm. this measure is corresponds to the cylinder, when meassuing the piston we will see that actually measurement is 79.95 mm., the tolerance between piston and cylinder would be 5 cents (0.05 mm.).
In the aluminum cylinders with hard chrome interior treatment, already in disuse, or NIKASIL the measure of 80 mm. It is usually fixed to 80 mm.
The pistons work with tolerances between 4 to 6 hundredths (0.04-0.06) for two-stroke engines and 3 to 4 hundredths for four-stroke engines (0.03-0.04). To fix a deformed cylinder, the interior of the cylinder shall be polished first and the measurement is adjusted with pistons that are over-measured for this purpose, marked with letters A-B-C-D (selection); the lowest measure being A, increasing 1 hundredth per letter; that is, selection B 0.01 mm. greater than A, C 0.02 mm. greater than A, etc.
New Cylinder Ø 80.00 mm. mounts a piston of Ø 79,97 A Factory Tolerance 0.03 mm.
Polished Cylinder Ø 80,01 mm. mounts a piston Ø 79,98 B Factory Tolerance 0,03 mm.
Polished Cylinder Ø 80,02 mm. mounts a piston Ø 79,99 C Factory Tolerance 0,03 mm.
Polished Cylinder Ø 80,03 mm. mounts a piston Ø 80,00 D Factory Tolerance 0,03 mm.
The important thing is to maintain the tolerance, which the manufacturer recommends, between cylinder and piston.